Adding and Editing Crew
Whoever the owner of the project is (the creator of the project), automatically heads up the crew list, even if they don’t have a role assignment. This person is defaulted to “All Access” status level.
As you start typing in a crew name, you’ll have three choices that appear:
- Enter whatever name you like to create a Quick Add Crew.
- Choose from names in the list to pull crew from your resources (crew you’ve used before).
- Choose to Search the Pipeline Network to search and select people in your nearby geographic area to work with.
Adding Quick Add Crew
Entering any name (Note: you can ONLY enter a First and Last name), will automatically create a Quick Add Crew instance. You’ll not be able to give this person any access to the project (as they don’t really exist in the system yet), but you will be able to track that you’re working with them, and you’ll be able to assign them to shoot days. You will NOT be able to assign them directly to tasks, though. Only paid seats can be assigned tasks.
Assigning contact info to Quick Add Crew
After adding your Quick Add Crew and assigning a Role, you can click on the info icon “i” next to their name to open up the Quick Add Crew info slider. Here you can add a phone number and email address to help with identifying this person in your call sheets. You can also choose to invite this crew member to the Pipeline Network.
Inviting a Quick Add Crew Member to the Network
By clicking on Invite at the bottom right of the Crew Information info slider, you’ll send an invitation to this person to join the Pipeline Network.
Advantages of Joining the Pipeline Network for Crew
- The user will now be able to upload all of their pertinent information for your, and other production company’s easy access.
- The user will have access to mobile shoot day plans on their mobile devices.
- The user will be able to make themselves findable via the Pipeline Search Network for additional work.
- The user will have the option of creating a trial full Pipeline account which will allow you to assign them tasks and to receive other notifications.
Remember: a Pipeline Network member cannot be assigned tasks. This privilege is reserved for paid Pipeline Pro members. See inviting a person to a Pipeline seat.
Granting Crew Project Access via Crew Access Levels
Simply adding crew to your project does not in any way notify them that they are now part of your project. This allows you to build your project just the way you want it before notifying anyone you may want to work with them. When you are ready to bring people into your project, you’ll need to assign them an access level.
Here are the Access Levels:
All-Access – Paid Pipeline member
- Can do and see everything within project.
- Good for Project Managers, Producers, etc.
Staff Access – Paid Pipeline member
- Sees the project schedule, tasks, and talent.
- Able to update their own tasks’ status.
- View and send notes.
- Google calendar task notifications.
- Mobile: Shoot day planner and task management.
- Good for Editors, Motion Graphics Team, Casting Agents.
Day Player Access – Free & Paid members
- Mobile: Shoot day planner viewing and locations access
- Good for shoot day-player only crew members.
- No service.
You can change access levels at anytime. Currently, no notification goes out when you change access levels. You’ll need to send an email or otherwise contact crew members to let them know that they now have access to your project within either their Pro or Connect Pipeline Accounts.
Adding a Crew from the Pipeline Search Network
By selecting the choice to add a crew from the Pipeline Search Network you are immediately taken to the Search Network modal. Here, you can peruse available crew by location, or skill. You can add the person directly to your project by clicking on the Add to Project button.